Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ravenscraig Beach

Saturday was a brilliant day. Mummy had to work (which isn't brilliant) so Daddy and I went to Fife to see Gran and Grandad. We arrived three hours after we got up and found Gran and Grandad still in their jammies so we had to wait for them to get ready before we could go out in that fantastic weather.

We went to Ravenscraig which is on the edge of Kirkcaldy and played at the park there which is quite new and very good. It has a great climbing with a fireman's pole. I was playing on the fireman's pole and Daddy or Grandad would help me. But after a few shots I was getting pretty confident and had to tell Grandad to LEAVE ME ALONE. I CAN DO IT BY MYSELF. Luckily he didn't leave me alone too much though, because I saw a bigger boy than me, who's Daddy wasn't as helpful as mine, go on the fireman's pole and he wasn't very good and hit the ground pretty hard. It looked sore.

After the park we went down to the beach which is very close. We looked through some of the rock pools at the little tiny crabs and the fish then Daddy wanted to go further along the beach so that we could get to the sea. Daddy didn't want to go to the sea where we were because there was a lot of wet sand to walk through to get there. That didn't bother me though! I took a rather large rock and headed for the water. Grandad was good enough to come with me and half-way there I convinced him to carry the rock for me. Thanks Grandad! Down at the water I got my socks and shoes off and waded in. It turned out my shorts weren't short enough. Oops. And my T-shirt arms weren't short enough either since it was important that I dig up the sand under the water so that I could throw it further into the sea. But the best bit was when Daddy and Gran finally came down to see us. I waited until they were all there and turned around and kicked lots of sea-water at them. Woohoo! And, do you know? Only I had a change of clothes!



After the beach we went to KFC and I got popcorn chicken, my favourite. We went home to Gran and Grandad's and ate it in the garden. Then after a nice Magnum ice-cream (it's easy to get Grandad to spoil me. I have him convinced that Mummy and Daddy only feed me vegetables!), we went to Auntie Vikki's and played in her garden for the rest of the afternoon. Daddy showed me how to roll down the hill in her back garden but I need a little more practice to be as good as him.

No comments: