Monday, April 23, 2007

Shrink Spurt

Mummy and Daddy have been measuring me recently. Against the cupboard doorpost in my bedroom. This is a fairly new thing for them, maybe they've just noticed that I do actually grow?

Anyway, as you can see from this photo, they've measured me three times. But take a close look at the dates on the three lines. First time they measured me was March 28th. Very carefully I might add. Then they kept going on about me growing because I was eating and sleeping more than usual. I was really just hungry and tired, they have to over-analyze everything. Parents, eh? So they measured me on April 10th (my birthday!) and were astonished to see that I'd grown about an inch in a couple of weeks. Mummy was telling everyone she could about this.

So a couple of weeks later they try this again. I think Daddy was expecting to see another half-inch there. And he did, but it was in the wrong direction. He tried again with all his man-handling of me. Making sure my feet are together and then holding my head at the correct angle - it's not much fun for me, you know. And he said "Stand up straight", so I did. I stood up very straight. On my tiptoes. I didn't know "stand up straight" didn't mean you keep your feet flat on the ground.

So... Looks like I'm not growing like a freak after all and I am just tired and hungry. If Mummy would feed me more of the stuff I want (chocolate) and let me have a longer nap during the day instead of hoping I'll sleep in the morning there would be a lot less fretting in this house.

No comments: