Friday, April 13, 2007

A duck ate my lunch!

This has been the longest birthday ever! Today we went to Blair Drummond Safari Park on another birthday treat. It was really, really busy, but we had a great time. It was very hot and sunny - Daddy says if it's this hot in April he may need to leave the country for all of July and August! I'll miss him.

First we drove round the enclosure where all the wild and dangerous animals like the rhinos and lions and camels are allowed to roam free. After that we had a wee picnic lunch beside the car where we were savaged by a wild and dangerous duck who stole some of my sandwich. We were lucky to escape with our lives. I heard Auntie Carol was attacked by a Nile crocodile this week but I bet my duck was scarier.

After lunch we had a walk around to see what else there was to see. There were a lot of interesting animals like the playful otters, the sleepy pot-bellied pigs and rather uninterested llamas. There was a quite angry bear walking around his large enclosure making sure no people came in to use his nice cool pool in the hot weather. Daddy's favourite was the big elephant standing eating his dinner with his back legs crossed, followed closely by the giraffes. These were all great, but my favourite was almost certainly the dragon that I had a ride on!

I also had a go on the bouncey castle and the rocket ships (with Mummy). There were the greatest climbing frames in the shape of a pirate ship and a fort. Daddy had to help me into the pirate ship and almost had to come in to get me out because I was having so much fun! He also had to help me up to the top of the fort so that I could go down the very big slide. Daddy was too scared to come down the slide.

No comments: