Saturday, July 21, 2012

Creag Bheag

Today, while Mum painted my new bedroom at Granny's, Dad and I climbed Creag Bheag. This is the first proper hill that I've climbed and it was a lot of fun!

Near to the top we took a wee detour off the beaten path to get out to a ridge to look down on Granny's garden. Dad called Mum and she took a break from her painting to stand in the garden and wave to us and try to spot us so far away on the hill. We at least could tell exactly where she should be and we had binoculars with us. She on the other hand, was left gazing at a large hillside with her dodgy eyesight wondering where we could be! Amazingly, she did spot us eventually so we were all happy we were where we said we were!

Dad and I continued up the hill with me telling Dad stories and asking him questions all the way while he wheezed and panted just in front of me (holding me up). At the top we met a nice old lady who described the alternate way down the back of the hill and along the golf course. We continued up the little seat cairn and had some lunch before heading down the other side.

We stopped off at Lagan Loch to throw rocks in and then continued waving to the golfers as we passed. It was a lovely day and great fun - it's also one of my 50 things to do before I'm 11 and three quarters! Dad's really looking forward to walking more hills with me!
















No comments: