Saturday, April 14, 2012

Rolling Down a Hill

Today it was pretty cold. But it was also mostly sunny. When it wasn't sunny it snowed, which was interesting, but it didn't snow for very long. We went to the Highland Folk Museum in Newtonmore to meet a friend of Mum's and her son who is a friend of mine. We'd been there yesterday and had a lot of fun so we thought it would be a good place to go again to play.

And play we did! We played at the park, we explored in the woods, and we found a nice hill to roll down. Rolling down a really big hill is one of the 50 things to do before you're 11 and 3/4. Dad's had me try it before but I've never enjoyed it because I always ended up rolling in circles. I managed to get a much better hang of it this time though and my friend and I rolled down the hill for ages while the Mums and Dads explored the 1700s township.

I asked my friend what his Dad did for a living at one point. The conversation went a bit like this:
Me: "What does your dad do?!"
Him: "He's a painter."
Me: "What?!"
Him: "He's a painter."
Me: "What?!" (we were running about and I couldn't hear very well)
Him: "He paints things!"
Me: "Well my Dad works at Sky and when we watch the telly we get it for free!"







We also found a few more wildcats. Dad had spotted these in Newtonmore the day before and while driving through we'd counted how many we could see in people's gardens, on garage roofs and elsewhere. We'd managed seven and figured we'd done quite well - there would only be about 10 or so, surely? We asked at the museum how many there are and it turns out there are about 150! We did find some more at the museum with my friend though!



No comments: