Monday, July 19, 2010

Walking with Dinosaurs

Today we went to Brodie Castle. Which was mostly rather boring. But Mummy enjoyed it a lot! There was a Gnasher Hunt for me though. It's like a treasure hunt except you look for Gnasher from Dennis the Menace. I found him 5 times which scored me a stamp. Once I've got 3 of them I can get a prize.

But after Brodie Castle, that's when the fun began. We went geocaching but these were some special geocaches. First we found one at a collection of fossils at a quarry on the coast near Lossiemouth. When they quarry interesting rocks with these fossils they lay them out on the coastal path. It's great seeing these footprints from dinosaurs millions of years ago.

After this we headed for Cove Bay, which we quickly renamed Dinosaur Cove after the books by Rex Stone Mummy and me have just finished reading. We were really there to see the cave but found some of the most amazing rock pools. We found a crab, lots of cockles and muscles, some fish and sea anemones. We had loads of fun there and I made dinosaur tracks that Daddy filmed. The holiday's going really well so far!




This is Daddy and me looking into a very deep rock pool.


And here's me with a fossilised dinosaur egg. Probably.

No comments: