Sunday, September 06, 2009

Skyfest 2009

Daddy's work is amazing! We all went to his work today and it was just having fun. I can't believe he gets to do that all day. First up we watched (and tapped our feet) to a great band called Kilter. Mummy and Daddy said they played at their wedding - I bet that was a good party!

Then we went on a large ferris wheel that went up really high and we could see for miles. Then we saw Ian and Camilla from Dancing Time doing a few dances for us and they taught us how to do a cha-cha-cha later in the day. "Dancing Time" is Mummy's absolute favourite (and probably the only reason she agreed to go today!).

There was lots to see and do. There were some Disney stage shows, including the Wildcats from High School Musical doing incredible basketball tricks. I also rowed enough on a rowing machine to blow up three big balloons and kicked a ball so fast I knocked down the speed sensor! We went on the dodgems and I had to drive with Mummy because Daddy was going to bump into his boss! Mummy and I ended up in the middle of a massive pile up. Apparently that's a tradition when Mummy is in a dodgem car - I knew I should have insisted on driving with Daddy!

We also created a new Guinness World Record for number of people singing 'If you're happy and you know it' at one time (755)!

And we finished the day by dancing along to "Bjorn Again" live while I marveled at an amazing guy doing outstanding tricks with a diabolo yoyo. When I asked him how he got so good he said 'practice'. What's that?

2 comments:

Auntie Lesley of Hadfield said...

Sounds pretty much like a day at my work Edan!

Sir Edanius of Murieston said...

Great! Another career opportunity.