Sunday, September 13, 2009

Grangemouth Park

We went swimming today. Mummy and Daddy said we were going to new pool and I didn't really care as long as it had flumes! They assured me it did. It took ages to get there and then the sat-nav got us lost. Either it didn't know where the pool was or there must have been a pretty impressive paddling pool in the back garden of the house it took us to, if it had the flumes that Mummy promised.

After Daddy drove around for a bit, Mummy asked a nice man where to find the pool and soon we were there. And then we were leaving again. The pool was closed for a swimming gala. I was really disappointed because Daddy said the Italian Grand Prix was on so there wouldn't be time to go another pool.

But all was not lost! We'd passed a really cool looking park on the way (helped by the fact the sat-nav had got us lost). It was a nice day (and Daddy had an hour or so before the Grand Prix started) so we went there. It turned out to be a really nice park. It had a climbing wall - no challenge to me!

And I made a new friend who told me she plays at the park every day so she showed me around and we had lots of fun playing on all the things there. When she had to go home, Daddy and I had a go on the digger. Parks with diggers are the best. Just look at the concentration on both of these faces!

And then we went for a wee walk around the rest of the park before going home. We saw these really cool trees. Daddy said they're called weeping willows and I thought that was a good name because I could tell why they'd been called it without anyone explaining it to me. Can you spot me and Mummy hiding behind the weeping branches?

And here's the tree from the other side. I can't wait to go back to that park. Hopefully some day after we've been swimming.

No comments: