Sunday, May 27, 2012

East Lothian in the Sun

It's been sunny all week and with nothing already planned for a beautiful Saturday, Mum and Dad decided a trip to East Lothian would be a good idea. First we headed to Tantallon Castle, just in time for lunch and a wee picnic Mum had prepared.


Then Dad got the swords and we explored and fought our way around the castle - lots of fun on a beautiful day.




Tantallon is right on the coast and the nearby beach and water looked amazing so afterwards we headed down to Seacliff beach. It was pretty busy as it's a really nice beach. The tide was on its way out so there were plenty of rock pools for us to explore. We saw fish, shrimp, shore crabs, hermit crabs and even a few tiny flat fish. I caught a hermit crab and had a shrimp run over my hand! This is actually a couple of the 50 things I need to do before I'm 11 and 3/4!


We also climbed a little hill and found a secret little harbour and explored the rocky area beyond where Dad took a bunch of pictures of me looking reflectively out at Bass Rock. And jumping!







After that, it was time to get in the sea. No one could believe I hadn't been in yet, although I had managed to get my new trainers pretty soaked in the rock pools! A quick strip and into my trunks then I waded into the sea. And actually did some swimming! This is another of the 50 things to do before I'm 11 and 3/4! It was pretty difficult and I didn't do many strokes. Having been taught to swim correctly, I put my face in the water - there's none of this head up nonsense with me! But no one had brought my goggles so it was fairly uncomfortable. I did it though! Very pleased myself and so are Mum and Dad.



No comments: