Sunday, August 16, 2009

Bruce Festival 2009

It was the Bruce Festival in Dunfermline this weekend and I don't know who was more excited - me or Daddy. I know that he was really worried we might not get to go if the rain didn't let up a little.

But we made it on Sunday and it stayed fair (and quite sunny at times) the whole time. We saw both jousting displays and I again took part in the Kid's Battle, defeating all the clansman and taking time to tell the top man that I have a knight's costume at home! At one point us kids were told to make sure we stand our ground and not run away, then the boss said "CHARGE!" and all the kids ran. Except me! I did exactly as I was told and held my ground. It was a bit boring until one of the clansman came over to fight me and I beat her (yes, it was a lady) to the ground!

As usual, the jousting was fantastic and the knights were amazing. I was so excited when Mummy and I saw them coming towards the arena, I had to haul Mummy back to Daddy to make sure there was no chance of us missing them putting on their display. Will West was there again with his amazing blue armour. Mummy and Daddy think it's the coolest armour ever. This time Toby Capwell wasn't there so both knights were English and Mummy and Daddy didn't have to feel bad about hoping the knight in the blue armour would win! So it was Will West and Graham Turner. Will held a three point lead from yesterday but didn't do too well today - finished two points behind Graham overall and lost again - third year in a row for him!

Daddy took 1 hundred, 2 million, 1 thousands photos so here are some of the best and there's a link to them all in the Links panel on the right.

2 comments:

Sir Auntie Lesley of Hadfield said...

Did these knaves know they were in the presence of a great knight?

That looks like a lot of fun - Daddy does really well to put up with all these events for your benefit, Edan...

Sir Edanius of Murieston said...

Yeh... He puts up with them for *my* benefit... Of course he does...