Thursday, August 07, 2008

Urquhart Castle

One of our holiday days we went to Urquhart Castle by the banks of Loch Ness. We picked up cousin Andy on the way so it was a double treat.

Urquhart Castle is pretty good. It's very big with quite a large footprint. It's very ruined now though and there isn't that much left to explore. It was another lovely day and we had great fun making our way around what is left and we had several sword fights. I fought with Andy, Mummy, Daddy and very briefly with Christopher Columbus.

Christopher Columbus is a teddy bear explorer that used to go exploring with Auntie Carol but he says she's too old for him now. So Auntie Carol has asked me to take care of him and explore with him. I was glad he was with me sometimes to keep me company in the narrow passageways. You'll see more of him in future adventures probably but no pictures to show you in this blog entry.

The castle is right on the shore of the loch. It might not always have been quite so close to the shore but since the opening of the Caledonian Canal the loch has risen 2 metres so it's a wee bit nearer now. But that allowed us to have a good look for Nessie too. Daddy thought he saw her but I don't think it was. We'll just need to try again.

Here's a photo of Andy and me sword-fighting.


And continuing the theme of me, Mummy and Daddy in the same photo - here's a nice one that Andy took for us:

No comments: