Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Linlithgow Palace

Daddy had a few days off last week and we went to Linlithgow Palace. Linlithgow is quite close to us, in fact, it's where Mummy works, but we'd never been to the Palace before (Mummy had though). It was surprisingly good. Perhaps one of the best castles we've seen recently.

It is a ruin - which Daddy wasn't expecting - but very well preserved. Lots of rooms and stairs. And you get up the towers all the way to the top. It's so big that we didn't even see it all! Thankfully it's so close we'll be able to go back any time we like. Some of the best rooms are well enough preserved that you really do get a feeling of how grand it would have been. The royal quarters and the great hall especially. The old entrance is also accessible from within the palace (the access to the door is gone so unless you're 40 feet tall you won't be accessing it from the outside) and Daddy and I had the necessary sword fight there. Unfortunately, Mummy and Daddy forgot the camera so it's phone photos again - another good reason to return to the palace though!


Here's a great photo of me and Mummy and Christopher Columbus at the top of one of the towers with the church spire behind. We didn't go into the church on this visit - stacking up the reasons to return another time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving the blog - great photo of you and Mummy, Edan. Can I just tell you how impressed I am with your spelling for a four year old!

Great to see you last week - thank you for letting Mummy come out with me as my image consultant - she did a great job.

Love to all.

Uncle Roger and Auntie Lesley xxx

Sir Edanius of Murieston said...

Hi Auntie Lesley and Uncle Roger! It was great to see you both as well. Thanks for the compliment about the spelling but I can't take full credit for it I'm afraid - Mummy and Daddy check things for me. I will take full credit for looking cute in all the photos though!

With lots of love
Edan