Friday, April 25, 2008

Dirleton Castle

Continuing the castle theme, we were at Dirleton Castle on Saturday. It was another glorious day, if a bit cold and windy in the exposed areas. OK as long as you stay inside the castle walls and keep your hood up, though.

It's great fun exploring these old castle ruins. This one had a lot of rooms and many of them were toilets - people just, erm, went, through a hole that went outside the castle. Daddy and I had the swords available to be Knights again too. Dirleton has a lot of steps and spiral staircases that are loads of fun - but they really scared Mummy, especially when I was powering up and down them!


Some of the doorways were quite small but luckily I'm still very short and they cause me no bother at all. I could even go inside the oven - Daddy said I'd turn into a loaf of bread if I did that but I didn't believe him and I was right. He learned better than to make jokes about things happening to me when he walked into a sign. And check out the sign, oh how we laughed while Daddy made loads of excuses about the sign not having anything written on the back of it!

No comments: