Sunday, January 11, 2009

Marbles

Daddy and me went to see Gran and Grandad yesterday. We'd all been out in the car for a bit, thought about going for a walk but it was just too cold! Going home, Grandad suggested I help him build the marble run that Gran had given him for Christmas. That sounded like a great idea. Just a few days before I'd seen a similar toy in Asda and asked Daddy if we could get it so I was really looking forward to playing with it.

When we got back to Gran and Grandad's, we had some lunch and then opened the marble run. There were lots of peices and several pages of instructions. Within 10 minutes we had it built Dad and Grandad were chasing me out of the room to play with Gran so that they could build it without being 'distracted'. Apparently they needed all their concentration. The box says it was for 8 year-olds and older and I heard Daddy say that maybe they should wait until I was 8 and get me to build it.


Anyway, a couple of hours later (and many Play-Doh models made by Gran and me) it was finished. And I got to switch it on! Grandad and Daddy seemed pretty happy with their work. Grandad must have really liked it because he said there was no way he was taking it apart again. He's a lucky guy, it was a nice Christmas gift.

No comments: