Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! I've had a fantastic day. Take a look at this picture...


It feels like I've been opening presents for ages. And this doesn't include all the gifts Santa left me which are still upstairs. Mummy and Daddy have noticed a strange tradition I'm developing at Christmas time. For a few weeks (sometimes months) I wake very early in the morning (like before 6am) and come bother Mummy and Daddy and keep everyone awake. As Christmas draws closer I get more excited and wake even earlier. I know when Christmas is going to be because I have (this year at least) 3 different advent calendars counting the days down. But then on Christmas morning, I wake just before 6am, wander past the stockings that Santa has left (it is dark at 6am in winter), go to Mummy and Daddy's room, crawl into bed and fall asleep for another hour or so. Then when I finally awake, I still need to be told it's Christmas day and go back to my room to find what Santa has left for me!

It was a good haul this year, couple of notable things were the snippety-snoppety thing that I threw an unusually large tantrum about in Marks & Spencer. I guess Santa knew how much I really wanted it. And also, I've seen Santa a couple of times in shopping centres (do you think it's the real Santa?) and explained that what I wanted was two pounds. With two more pounds I will have saved up enough money to pay for half the Goodies' Castle and Daddy said that when I did that he'd put the other half in and buy it for me. Well, Santa left a two-pound coin in a wee bag for me. Woohoo!

But that's not the best part... Mummy and Daddy had actually already bought the Goodies' Castle as a Christmas present for me (it's not in the picture above - it's too big and I hadn't received it yet) so now I have a bunch of money I can spend on other things.

Granny and Grandpa are with us for Christmas and it's extra fun having more folk here opening presents with me. It's been a really good year. A big thank you to everyone who gave me presents - I love everything!

No comments: