Wednesday, December 03, 2008

MEDIC!


I was involved in a wee accident today. Nothing serious. At least I didn't think so. It did result in a round of phone calls and trip to the doctor though.

I was playing in the house corner at nursery when a room divider screen fell on me. It hit me in the back of the head and pushed me into the doll's cot which cut my forehead. It wasn't a big cut but it was deep and there was loads of blood. The top I was wearing is ruined. That didn't trouble me much though. Yvonne at nursery cleaned me up and stemmed the blood flow but apparently because there was an indentation (in my head) where I'd struck the cot I'd have to visit the doctor.

Yvonne phoned Mummy to explain. Mummy contacted Daddy in a typical Mummy panic and Daddy came up to nursery to take me to the doctor. By this time I was back playing with the toys but with the opportunity to go to the doctor in the snow I was out like a shot! On the way to the doctor, Daddy tried showing me how to slide in the snow - I need more practice at that. Once there, Daddy and I did some very difficult mazes in a book until the doctor could see us. The doctor did a whole bunch of checks to see how strong I was and hit my knees with a hammer. He said the wound needed stitches! When he went to get them Daddy explained that I might be sewn up like a piece of Mummy's cloth. But it was just paper stitches. Little plasters put over the cut in a cross.

Then it was straight back to nursery for me and back to work for Daddy. That night after nursery Daddy was having nothing of the invalid and took me sledging!

No comments: