Saturday, October 09, 2010

Edinburgh

A nice trip into Edinburgh today. I've been nagging Mummy and Daddy to go back to the museum for ages and I was really cross when we went into Edinburgh earlier this week but didn't go to the museum so it was a special trip today.

So, as soon as we got off the train, it was up Fleshmarket Close. Mummy isn't keen on this because it's a long set of steps and she was relieved when we got to the top. I had other plans though and headed straight up the next long set of steps across the street!


We arrived at the museum a bit before it opened so we headed over the Greyfriar's Kirkyard for a wander. Unexpectedly, especially given the location and time of year, we found the largest sunflowers any of had ever seen!


Then it was into the museum. The interactive section is always fun. Unfortunately there are no photos of Mummy and Daddy trying to the get the highest score on the reaction test! But we did get the robot arm to spell out a familiar word!


And then we found another section we'd not been in before. There was some excellent stuff here, including a fab jigsaw! I had trouble keeping Mummy out the way so that I could complete it - you know how she can be with jigsaws...


And then it was onto The Filling Station for lunch. Where only I managed all my lunch AND an ice cream. That ice cream was amazing too and I ate it all and didn't get any of it on my face or clothes. I think that's the first time that's happened!

No comments: