Sunday, March 22, 2009

Tantallon Castle

We went to Tantallon Castle today. It was EXTREMELY windy but oddly warm. The castle is very cool and has lots of interesting history. Unfortunately, a great deal of it has been lost to the sea but what's left is enough to look around and almost get lost in!

Daddy and I had our usual fight. This has become more than just a normal fight between two knights in the castle and we're now Jedi Knights. One sword is a laser sword and the other is a fire sword and we both have Jedi powers (Daddy's are Sith powers actually because he's the baddie). The place Daddy wanted to battle was at the top of the centre tower but it was too windy here and Mummy was too scared to let me go - I don't know how she managed before I was around. We did have a fight in the prison though and also in the great hall.

We also took Christopher Columbus along with us this time. He's supposed to come exploring with us all the time but regularly falls asleep and doesn't come. After Daddy took his picture with me I took some pictures of Mummy and Daddy with Daddy's SLR camera. I think this one is really good and can't wait to take some more on the next trip.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where IS Tantallon Castle? Good to see you and Daddy having a proper sword fight with real light sabers - well done! Between you and me, Edan, I think you might just have the best Daddy in the world...

Sir Edanius of Murieston said...

Tantallon Castle is about 45 minutes (or one good sleep) away from home. I asked Daddy and he says he just puts the details in the sat nav and listens to the pretty lady's voice to get there (I don't know how he knows she's pretty - maybe he was talking about Mummy). He also says it's near North Berwick and there are more details and pictures on the Historic Scotland site which is linked in the post.

Anonymous said...

Between you and me, I think Edan just might have the best Daddy in the world too!