Friday, September 05, 2008

Burntisland Beach

Before we went to Auntie Vikki's open day on Saturday we popped along to Burntisland Beach to kill some time. I've not been here before and it was good fun, even though we couldn't get the kite up. It was a very grey and overcast day but also really warm and with absolutely no wind at all. It's a blue flag beach but it doesn't come close to our favourite beach - St Andrews' West Sands. There's a short, steep bit of nice sand and then a really big bit of muddy sand. The tide goes out very very far and when we were there it was a long way off so we weren't able to marvel at any great waves. The muddy sand was pretty wet all the way out and only I had wellies on so Mummy and Daddy couldn't play in it with me.

There's apparently a lot of rock pools and stuff but we didn't have time to fully explore. Burntisland looks like a nice we town so we'll try to come back some day and spend a bit longer in the place. Here's a picture of me on the beach and some of the tiny little shells I collected. I am in the picture, honest. It was a very grey overcast day and I was wearing a grey top. There's a prize for the person that chooses the spot closest to where I am standing!

No comments: