Saturday, May 04, 2013

Dirleton Castle

After diving today we went to Dirleton Castle. Diving was great, only our second lesson and we were up on the three metre board already! We started with a couple of jumps off the one metre springboard then a bunch of jumping and diving in off the side of the pool to practice our technique then it was up to the 3 metre platform for the first time! We were all excited and a bit scared. Apart from one wee girl who couldn't contain her excitement at all! She was straight up to the board first and had the biggest smile ever! I played it very cool, like I do this every day, until I completed the first jump - it was amazing! I was so pleased I had a wee dance when I got back up the platform. The second time I didn't maintain my pencil shape all the way into the water and everyone got to know that I'd hurt my arm when I surfaced and roared 'Oooowwww'! It was fab, can't wait until next week.

So, Dirleton. It's a while since we've been here but it's very good. We had a wee walk around the lovely garden first, I had a sword fight with Dad, and we saw this amazing tree. Its bark was like fur so I named it a chimpantree!




And then it was into the castle. It's a nice castle and has one of the best preserved doocot's we've seen. It's also got a great walkway over a fab (but dry) moat. Dad and I had a great battle on the walkway and and an even more fab one underneath!




Moving around, we found a very cool tree that was growing at an angle - perfect for climbing!


No comments: